We will do the most growing over the next 10 years.
I think 40 is when people seem to come to know themselves, be secure and comfortable in their skin, in life.
They are more together,
The way I want to be now.
That’s why im so attracted to older people.
I want to be where they are in life
I admire and aspire to be like them
Im attracted to their maturity which has come from wisdom gained through time
But I know it comes with time and going through this transition phase and experiencing life and living it
They say when giving birth the first 4 centimeters take the longest to dilate.
I feel like I have been just waiting and uncomfortable and in pain for so long at this beginning stage
I have always felt so stuck in this body in this age in this emotional and spiritual infancy
Like ive been waiting for myself to grown into my self
But what infant or child is conscious of their growth
They grow naturally
They eat and sleep and grow without will
But I have been conscious of wanting to be grown up
Older
And so frustrated and powerless it is maddening
Because I cannot will myself to do what I must
And in fact I do not have control over my growth
I cannot make myself grow.
people sometimes tell me i am still so young
i am in my prime
but i say
this most certainly is not my prime
i am only beginning
in fact i feel like i am a teenager in diapers
i am an adult but i am a kid
still going through the awkward teenage years
i am in limbo.
Maybe my problem is I keep measuring myself
And measuring myself
And measuring myself.
And I want to get to being the person I want to be
Without the toil
I want to breeze through this part
To the end.
But there is no breezing through life
There is only to keep pushing
Pushing through
And I am weary and tired and hopeless and drained and impatient and heavy
Because life to me seems so daunting
And maybe it is some deep rooted fatalistic mentality in me
But living just seems too hard
And downright impossible at times.
I once read a quote that
Life is a comedy to those who think
And a tragedy to those who feel
And what I feel dominantly in life
Is sorrow.
I have come to believe my life is a tragedy.
How can I come to be a happy person
Should i?
I still recall the words of my grade school teacher on my report card:
Caroline needs the emotional support of an adult.
I want parents who will parent me.
Who will be my father?
Who will be my mother?
Who will care for me this way?
No comments:
Post a Comment